Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Please Watch This

A couple of prefatory comments. I like to watch TV, and a lot of what I like to watch is pretty junky stuff. In our house we like to watch "America's Got Talent;" I guess this summer we Americans learned about "Britain's Got Talent," but I never ever thought about there being a "Ukraine's Got Talent." I also read a lot. Using Google Reader and RSS feeds, I probably review about 500 headlines a day, from a wide variety of sources: liberal and conservative, political and apolitical, serious and frivolous.

Tonight on a British magazine link (The Spectator), I found this. The artist uses sand to recount the horrific experiences of the Ukraine during World War II. The words at the end supposedly translate to "You are always with us."



I'm not very talented. I like to think I work hard, I'm a pretty good teacher, and I'm pretty smart, but I have very little creative talent. I'm awed by people (many of you who have been my students!) who have amzing creative artistic talent. To be able to do this with sand, to tell a story in such a moving way, is awesome. Watch this - you won't be sorry. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. yeah i saw this (i'm a victim of endless youtube subscriptions) but I was hypnotized by this, hahaha. it's like you can't stop looking and you get amazed by every detail that's added.

    ReplyDelete